In the News
* A PLUTONS article in EPSL by Laumonier et al., (2016) has been featured by New Scientist and other publications:
* PLUTONS is mentioned in this blog post "VGP Spotlight: Is a zombie volcano a thing?"
* Special session at the 2014 fall meeting of the American Geophysical Union meeting in San Francisco, CA related to PLUTONS. Conveners Gary Michelfelder, Jill Pearse, Mathias Obrebski, and Matt Pritchard, and it is called: "Stow or Blow? Intrusions and eruptions of magma in the continents"
* NY Times article about the PLUTONS project
*Article about the project in the La Paz, Bolivia newspaper El Diario
*Q & A with about the project with Dr. Shan de Silva on the Eruptions blog
* GPS instalation for PLUTONS project was featured on three pages from UNAVCO:
* Press releases about PLUTONS from the University of Alaska, Montana State University, and Cornell:
*Blog post about our new article about earthquakes at Uturuncu:
* Links to science web pages about Uturuncu inflation:
Articles that overplay the immediate hazard from Uturuncu
The following articles feature our scientific studies of Uturuncu, but do not accurately portray the chances of an immediate eruption. Contrary to these articles, there is no evidence at this time that an eruption from Uturuncu is imminent. Even if an eruption were imminent, it is more likely to be a small explosion and not a supereruption based on our understanding of other supervolcanoes (such as Yellowstone; Long Valley, CA; Santorini). Here is a great article by Jacob Lowenstern about media sensationalism of potential eruptions at Yellowstone.